hardware set up for multiple displays using arraysync?

t carbs
2 MB
hardware set up for multiple displays using arraysync?

Post by t carbs » June 10th, 2014, 10:00 am

Is there a manual for arraysync that describes the hardware configuration needed? I am looking for directions on how to network displays prior to running arraysync. Can I use a VGA splitter or do the all the displays have to be run from separate computers? Is there a way to network "clients" without an internet connection?
Thanks!
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: hardware set up for multiple displays using arraysync?

Post by Turboladdade » June 10th, 2014, 10:30 am

There is a basic tutorial here: http://www.nasolab.com/arraysync/tutorial.html

VGA splitters do not work. Each display must be separately recognized by the computer. So if you’re using Mac Minis, you can drive two displays with each Mac Mini because Mac Minis have two display ports, and so on…

The computers must be on the same network. They do not need to be connected to the Internet.

Let me know if you have any other questions. ArraySync setup and operation is pretty straightforward - connect displays to computers, connect computers to network. There isn’t really much more to it than that.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
t carbs
2 MB

Post by t carbs » June 10th, 2014, 10:38 am

thanks for the response. sorry if this is a dumb question but how do I network computers without wifi? What I am trying to do is have four to five projections, where the video is split between displays. I have three mac minis and two mac book pro's.
t carbs
2 MB

Post by t carbs » June 10th, 2014, 11:55 am

if i connect each computer to an ethernet hub will the computer recognize each as a separate display?
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » June 18th, 2014, 8:30 am

No, each computer only recognizes its own displays. They talk to each other over the network to synchronize video playback.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.