Hi, n00by here

Mugwumpus
1 MB
Hi, n00by here

Post by Mugwumpus » August 10th, 2009, 3:47 am

Hi, n00by here. I have about a half dozen Macs. I bought my first one in 1985, a Mac128k with int/ext. 400k drive, LaserWriter, pretty much the works. I was in college, i spent endless hours, days and years on that thing, i wrote my thesis on it. I have all my stuff on those old 400k floppy disks. Heh heh...HELP! I'd like to retrieve, convert, translate or do something w/the data so i can use it or at least access and hopefully edit, but jeeze, just to read it on say a PC, would be nice. Is "PC" a bad word here?

Oh, i have a whale of a list of software for that old Mac too. ComicWorks, Multiplan, BASIC i think I and II, all kinds of stuff, one thing i picked up, VideoWorks, was by some company called MacroMedia.

At any rate, i'm hoping to find some answers to a seemingly hopeless cause. Thanks, glad to be here. I also have collected a few other Macs; a MacPlus, i think a MacIISe, a powerMac, and i'm not sure what else. All are out in the insulated garage, gathering dust. I just can't seem to get rid of my old Mac128k, tho, sentimental old fool that i am.

Well, at least i made a reply to this post, thanks again.
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Hi, n00by here

Post by Turboladdade » August 10th, 2009, 10:23 am

Hi, and welcome to Info-Mac! Please note, when discussing a new subject, you should "Start New Topic" from the folder page, rather than reply to a pre-existing topic.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.