Arquette

Arquette
8 MB
Arquette

Post by Arquette » September 9th, 2009, 4:55 pm

Thats my name. I'm new, female, age 19 and tomorrow I'll be buying my first Mac Pro.

I'm done with Windows. Too clunky. but I'm looking forward to learning and sharing here.

:)
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Arquette

Post by Turboladdade » September 9th, 2009, 5:05 pm

Welcome to Info-Mac, and the larger world of the Macintosh platform! A Mac Pro is an extremely capable, impressive machine that will give you years and years of service. These workstations are intended for heavy professional use, in graphics, research and development.

What are your intended uses for this system?

Or did you mean MacBook Pro? :D
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
Arquette
8 MB

Post by Arquette » September 9th, 2009, 5:18 pm

Hi, thanks for your welcome. :)

It's the desktop, i'll be buying, not the MacBook Pro laptop. The mac Pro's quad core Xenon, not the 8-core.

I have a Hi-Def camcorder so will be needing the Mac Pro for editing, plus some 5,000 stills, many in RAW. i'm attracted to having Aperture2 and of course, Final Cut for the filming.

'The Beast' I'll be using for business accounts, writing and stuff. i'm a power user, so the Mac will be perfect.

And,

I'm completely new to Mac's Leopard system, so it's going in blindfolded.. wonderful, eh?
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » September 9th, 2009, 5:28 pm

Oh yes, well there are many things you'll be needing to learn. If you're buying a new Mac Pro, it'll come equipped with Mac OS X "Snow Leopard" (10.6) which was just released two weeks ago.

The best place to start, of course, might be Apple's Mac 101. Having experience with Linux or other *nix-y operating systems also helps at the more technical level.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
kriegvision
32 MB

Post by kriegvision » September 9th, 2009, 5:31 pm

Be sure to check out iWork and all its great features.

http://www.apple.com/iwork
Arquette
8 MB

Post by Arquette » September 9th, 2009, 5:41 pm

Thank you, both. I've logged all three links. Gonna be very useful. :)