Recent convert

Remissus
2 MB
Recent convert

Post by Remissus » November 21st, 2010, 12:31 am

Howdy all! I'm Remi, from Minnesota. :) I'm new to Mac and Apple products, having only recently been inspired to switch over after my iPad usurped my old Windows laptop as my primary Internet device. Soon to follow, my PC was completely replaced and done away with by a spiffy Macbook, and I've been more than pleased with the decision so far. Can't wait to start getting involved with the Mac community- I've certainly enjoyed reading some of the posts here!
chipperz
16 MB

Re: Recent convert

Post by chipperz » November 21st, 2010, 11:53 am

Welcome to the Mac community. Congratulations on the iPad. Although many here hate Windows, I have some respect for them. Windows is improving, but is still behind Apple with its OS X operating system. When you decide on a Mac to replace your PC, consider what you want to do with it. If portability is important to you, consider a laptop. If you want a desktop, the iMac is a great choice. Always make sure you have plenty of RAM as it makes your machine run at its best. There's a slight learning curve involved with the switch to Mac, but it is easily overcome and soon you'll be an expert!
I remember when I made the switch back in 2002. I took to the Mac like a duck to water. Good luck in the future and keep in touch. Go to Apple.com and look at all the new Macs available. You can also click on the support section to gain access to the forums which can be very helpful in making decisions on what Mac to get or help solve any difficulties you may encounter.