Haiya!

keirajasmin
2 MB
Haiya!

Post by keirajasmin » May 30th, 2013, 9:33 pm

I've never really used a Mac, but many other apple products I'm a big fan of. I'll probably be posting either questions when I'm in crisis or when I'm bored, other than that, find me in off topic! XD
tuulen
8 MB

Re: Haiya!

Post by tuulen » May 31st, 2013, 7:51 pm

Welcome! I used Microsoft-based computers for years, but got overwhelmed with unending security updates, etc., and so several years ago I switched over to Apple/Mac computers. And then suddenly, my life got so much easier.

I think you will enjoy being part of the Apple/Mac community.
shirleywilkerson
2 MB

Post by shirleywilkerson » June 8th, 2013, 3:00 am

Recently joined the forum and never used Mac but getting so much to learn here.
tuulen
8 MB

Post by tuulen » June 8th, 2013, 4:53 pm

Hi,

There is no such thing as a "perfect" computer, especially when it comes to going online. They all have their flaws. But I found the management of Mac computers to be much easier to deal with than any other.

A friend of mine recently got a Windows 7 computer, brand new, and then tried to update it, but then ran into troubles to the point where the new computer permanently shut down. And she was a very experienced user.

That does not happen with Mac computers.
teamdarwin
2 MB

Post by teamdarwin » June 12th, 2013, 7:34 am

Hey yeah! Someone finally gets it. I know there are some people in the world who would argue to this case, but what do they know? I agree with you wholeheartedly that there is no "perfect computer" I'm glad someone thinks like me.
tuulen
8 MB

Post by tuulen » June 12th, 2013, 10:51 am

When it comes to the Internet and going online, Mac computers are about as sure-footed as a mountain goat, reliably good. Yes, occasionally I will get the "spinning beach ball of death" where the computer gets frozen, but clicking on a different window such as mail, to get away from the frozen page, and then clicking through Force Quit immediately unfreezes the computer. And the computer then goes right back to normal, like nothing bad ever happened.

Microsoft does not offer such reliability.
robmazz
2 MB

Post by robmazz » June 19th, 2013, 11:15 am

new to community as of today. I am a peripheral computer user and owner of a Mac mini and Macbook. Just email, websearches, minor spreadsheet use. What I would like to do is read ibooks on my macs. Is there some app available that will allow this to work using my touchpad or mouse for page turning?
Thanks