IPhone Questions. Help Needed.

Lblessens
16 MB
IPhone Questions. Help Needed.

Post by Lblessens » May 10th, 2010, 2:33 am

I don't have a reliable desktop computor! I've been linking my new 8gig iPhone off my brothers. I am really scared of my own because well let's just say I Got A Lemon and or I'm just not Internet savvy enough. I want/need a new 1 that I can trust not to take me 4 rides I don't want 2 go on. What Mac can U advise me to. How do I let Apple & Carrier Know I'm using his 4 my phone until I get in the no enough to plug in again? Also if my phone is only 5-6 months old is the new operating system I keep seeing here the OS 4 applicable to my iPhone? I have lots of questions. Just need to start here. I'm so happy I found this App & Site! I can't even find the words... I have felt really intimidated, alone & just plain Dumb 4 so long! That ride I refered to above has been a Long 1! Not Fun! Blessings To U All For Being! U Have No Idea How Excited, Happy and Hopefull I am feeling now! All the responses in so far have been Great! TU!
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: IPhone Questions. Help Needed.

Post by Turboladdade » May 10th, 2010, 7:24 am

Well, firstly you need to try and chill out. You seem to have a lot of anxiety and it's really unwarranted. Just remember these are machines and can only do what you tell them to.

iPhone OS 4 will apply to all iPhones except the earliest model that didn't have GPS.

All Macs are great, it really depends on your price and whether or not you want a desktop or a laptop. Desktops are my preference, you get way more for your money and I don't particularly need a laptop. Apple's product line ranges from the $599 Mini to the like $18,000 Mac Pro when fully optioned out.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
Lblessens
16 MB

Post by Lblessens » May 10th, 2010, 2:55 pm

TU for your quick response. I am just being painfully honest about prior experiences! I've been told by Many in the no that I Truly Was Up Against somthing that they had never seen. My new iPhone really & Truely has aloud me to experience THE NET W/O all the prior nightmares! Just to be doing this right now...write questions & get such fast responses Feels Like A Miracle right now to me! It's been 6 Long yrs... Sooo I am just Super Impressed & Feeling Much Hope! Again do U know if getting a new iPhone up & running off my brothers desktop could B creating issues for me? I'm in his cell phone pack too. I bought the iPhone saying if I'm going on the Net I'm going with iPhone. He didn't. I'm just now having some real problems since I turned the phone off all night intending to help get an App up & running again! Now keeps asking for my actual iPhone Password for the store?! Never did that before. What else can I do? My Brother called Carrier & found that my phone didn't have my name. They said it would take 24-48 hrs. Been that & still constantly popping up asking 4 The Apple Store Password! It's a challenge that I hope to resolve soon. TU AGAIN! A Heart Full Of Grattitude Is All I Have! For Gd Reason I Think! Blessens To You All!
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » May 10th, 2010, 3:02 pm

If you synced your iPhone with your brother's computer then yes, it's more likely than not asking you for his App Store password to update apps on your phone.
Lblessens
16 MB

Post by Lblessens » May 10th, 2010, 4:24 pm

I TU AGAIN! I will be looking into That desk top! I'm new to this whole Mac world! Your right on that I'm too full of Anxiety! This iPhone has PUSHED Me Back into This High Tech World & it's Not My Comfort Zone since return to school & new computor nightmare ride! Apologize for being sooo high strung! So when my brother goes to iTunes how do I go about correcting this? Just LOL at Myself Rght Now! TU AGAIN! Just these simple dialogs R Helping Me Alot! Continued Blessings Too U All! Thanks 4 Being!
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » May 10th, 2010, 6:16 pm

We all understand it can be super exciting to get a new piece of technology but I think maybe you need to take a break from it for awhile ;)
Lblessens
16 MB

Post by Lblessens » May 10th, 2010, 8:05 pm

You R Right In Sooo Many Ways! I'm just needing 2 get some basic questions answered to cont feeling better & better about This New World that I've felt locked out of? I have an update waiting for me in The App Store & it reccomends backing up my device. Looked at The Apple site for some clues. Not a clue could I find. Can U Hlp? I stil have The Computor & it's back from Another Shop Fix. I'm really hoping to Get It Right This Time. My Bro says we'll get on phone with a Tech & let them walk us thru. Sooo Thats The Best I Guess. Just wondering How iPhone users do Back Up Their Devices??? TU FOR YOUR PATIENCE WITH ME! Blessings To All!
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » May 10th, 2010, 8:21 pm

Lblessens wrote:Just wondering How iPhone users do Back Up Their Devices???
You plug it in and iTunes does it automagically.
Lblessens
16 MB

Post by Lblessens » May 10th, 2010, 11:09 pm

OK! TU! I Caught The Other Posts U Left For Me! Apologies! Newbys Got To Be A Real Pain For You! I Really Really Do Value Your Input, Patience & Responses! Blessings... & Heartfelt Grattitude To You!