OTX-to-TEXT 1.0

Applications, utilites and info for text and word processing. Editors, viewers, note makers, text comparison, search and replace, dictionaries.
Info-Mac
Administrator
OTX-to-TEXT 1.0

Post by Info-Mac » March 25th, 1998, 11:00 am

Download: http://archive.info-mac.org/text/otx-to-text.hqx

OTX-to-TEXT © 1994-98 by Giovanni Giusti

OTX-to-TEXT converts into useable Macintosh TEXT files documents written
with an obscure DOS word processor of the Eighties, called "OTX". I only
ever met one person using that thing, so I wrote this software for him.

Now if there is a second person around the Net with old OTX files lying
around, this may be of help. In fact, OTX files, if opened as they are,
look even more scrambled than WordStar files -- virtually unuseable.

--
Pompamagna home page:

StaticPeople
1 MB

Re: OTX-to-TEXT 1.0

Post by StaticPeople » January 17th, 2017, 11:06 am

I know this was a very old post but, anyway, I'll dare adding some information. OTX i.e. Olitext Plus by italian Olivetti was a W.P. software developed for hardware based word processors by Olivetti, best known for typewriters. I saw it on 5.25" floppies in nineties in a lawyer studio used by an Olivetti Dos based machine, I think made in eighties. That was the time they were moving to Windows; lawyers are a bit conservative but, when the Boss bought the Olivetti W.P. hardware machine (a sort of typewriter with a monitor, really a CP/M machine) it was absolute avant-garde. In recent times I saved one identical machine in a local Biblioteque, were it was nearly thrown away, explaining what it was and why it should be kept as a modern/vintage treasure to let people know. When people went from Otx to Word they lost all their work, so I think your utility could still work and be useful if someone should find some good ol' text to save.