Disk full issue...

Tom-Splice
2 MB

Disk full issue...

Postby Tom-Splice » October 25th, 2013, 9:27 am

We are developing a video wall system that uses HD panel and pixel for pixel images. Our testing configuration is 4 x 2 HD monitors. I tested a simple (30 second) 1920x1080 file and divide it 2x2. This seem to work welI. I did notice that ArrayShaker seems to use available System Disk space to build temp files before exporting the final clips? I watch my available space shrink and then after the files were exported it released that disk space. After that I tested one of our full resolution clips (7680x2160) It ran out of Disk Space on my system drive and crashed my machine. I restarted my machine thinking it would have cleared out whatever temp file it was building on my system drive however it did not. I can not seem to locate this temp file. Can you tell me where it lives so I can delete it.

Thanks...
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Disk full issue...

Postby Turboladdade » October 25th, 2013, 9:56 am

Hello

Try launching ArrayShaker - it attempts to clear out any leftover ArrayShaker temp files when opened.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
Tom-Splice
2 MB

Postby Tom-Splice » October 25th, 2013, 10:03 am

I tried that. It did not clear out the memory... any idea where it builds the temp files? I seem to be missing about 50GB of space...

Thanks
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Postby Turboladdade » October 25th, 2013, 10:12 am

From the Finder, choose Go to Folder... from the Go menu. Type /tmp and hit return. That will take you to the Mac OS X temporary folder. ArrayShaker files will be stored inside one of the folders with a name that appears to be a random letters and numbers, in a folder called "ArrayShaker"

If you run ArrayShaker and it clears out the temp folder, Mac OS X may not report the space savings right away. You might have to restart yet again to see it.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.