Video Jitters with Sorenson

AnimateXYZ
2 MB
Video Jitters with Sorenson

Post by AnimateXYZ » April 15th, 2014, 4:24 pm

Hi, I'm having an issue with the video playback being jittery. Initially I tried using the aic codec but the results were not as expected. The first frame would play and then nothing. Just a blank screen. I had a coworker render that out in Adobe Media Encoder as well as After Effects since I do not have a Mac. I then went to the ArraySync site and found an article on using the old sorenson codec. I tried sorenson 3 and finally was able to get playback in ArraySync. However, the results are jittery. Do you have any recommendations on how I may fix this? Render settings or some settings I haven't noticed in ArraySync?

Thank you
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Video Jitters with Sorenson

Post by Turboladdade » April 16th, 2014, 6:56 pm

Yeah AIC is Mac-only as far as ArraySync is concerned. ArraySync will play normal H.264 encoded QuickTime videos, but your average PC won't be able to play many of those simultaneously.

Is using Macs not an option for you?
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
AnimateXYZ
2 MB

Post by AnimateXYZ » April 16th, 2014, 7:42 pm

So are you saying that a pc cannot use ArraySync with a QuickTime video that's encoded with the aic codec that was exported from a Mac? The pc's we're using aren't average. They're brand new gaming laptops with i7 cpu's, nvidia geforce graphics cards and 8gb's of ram. Mac is not an option for us.
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » April 18th, 2014, 7:39 am

I'm saying you cannot use AIC on Windows at all. Apple never ported this proprietary production codec to Windows. QuickTime for Windows simply doesn't understand how to play them.

Can you describe what setup you're trying to achieve? If you're playing just one video, an H.264-encoded QuickTime or MP4 video should play fine. I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to setup that isn't working.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.