Client not Recognizing Server

reillyd
2 MB
Client not Recognizing Server

Post by reillyd » October 25th, 2014, 6:35 pm

I have 5 mac minis of different generations and 1 macbookpro 2011 and NONE of them are recognizing a server, either over a router or when they are directly connected to each other via ethernet. I've gotten this to work in the past so I'm a little confused as to why its not working now. Should I use fixed IP addresses? Are there any settings that need to be adjusted? Any suggestions would be very handy!
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Client not Recognizing Server

Post by Turboladdade » October 27th, 2014, 9:42 am

Typically when his happens it’s a firewall or router configuration issue that’s blocking either (or both) UDP and TCP ports 9201. These need to be open for ArraySync to work.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
Brooklyn Broadcast
1 MB

Post by Brooklyn Broadcast » November 4th, 2014, 9:54 pm

With 3 Mac Minis , 8 port cisco gb switch , the process of the clients seeing the server may take several minutes . At times , I find myself restarting the switch and sometimes have to restart the clients. I'm using static IP's , same subnet, etc. Any ideas on why it takes variable efforts to discover the server?
Thanks
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » November 11th, 2014, 7:59 am

That I could not explain, it's one of those situations where I'd have to be there to inspect all the devices and try to ascertain what's happening.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.