Audio across multiple screens.

ace
8 MB
Audio across multiple screens.

Post by ace » July 17th, 2015, 5:23 am

I will start with a simple question:

Can ArraySync sync audio on multiple screens so when each of them will play there will be no issues considering all videos would have identical audio track? All videos would have identical video and audio codecs.

And second question, where stuff get more complex:

Video wall I am creating will be quite wide horizontally. Now imagine an object going from one end of video wall to another - ex: a plane flying across screens. I would like to incorporate a different audio on each screen to have a noise of a plane coming from the screen that plane is actually on I can prepare all the files that way, but will ArraySync have any problem with that or it doesn't matter form software point of view?

Thanks
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Audio across multiple screens.

Post by Turboladdade » July 17th, 2015, 5:37 am

In your first case you'd simply disable the audio for all but one of the screens. ArraySync let you choose which videos will play audio and which to silence.

As for your second question, no that is not possible even from a hardware standpoint. ArraySync will not recognize multiple audio outputs -- they'd all get the same audio.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
ace
8 MB

Post by ace » July 20th, 2015, 6:48 am

Thanks for the answers.

Just to double check that I understood you correctly.:

Is it possible to have all speakers (each screen has built-in speakers) to play audio from single selected video and they would stay in sync, while each screen display its own video?

I know some other solutions have an option to only play audio on one screen in sync, while other are silent, I want to check this is not a case for ArraySync.
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » July 20th, 2015, 8:16 am

ace wrote:Is it possible to have all speakers (each screen has built-in speakers) to play audio from single selected video and they would stay in sync, while each screen display its own video?
Yes, you can have only one of the videos play audio while the rest are silent. If all the speakers are attached to the same audio source via a splitter, they would then all be playing the same audio.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.