ArraySync Application for a video wall

dhkreitz
2 MB
ArraySync Application for a video wall

Post by dhkreitz » September 21st, 2015, 1:22 pm

I have an upcoming video wall installation that requires 4 synchronized videos to be displayed across the array. There is a single windows 7 pc with an AMD W8100 video card pushing to distributors/signal amplifiers to the 44 screens. I am needing to understand if I can sync the 4 videos into a single track and then play them through a video player as 4 extended displays using ArraySync, or if this is the wrong software entirely. This aspect of the installation is relatively foreign to me, so any help directing me to the proper solution would be greatly appreciated.
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: ArraySync Application for a video wall

Post by Turboladdade » September 22nd, 2015, 11:14 am

I’m not sure I’m following what you’re trying to do but you can download and try a fully-functional 10-day demo of ArraySync here.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
dhkreitz
2 MB

Post by dhkreitz » October 1st, 2015, 12:50 pm

That's fantastic, Thank you Turboladdade. To clarify, I am trying to play 4 separate video players on 4 groupings of monitors from the same PC. The videos need to be synchronized and of custom aspect ratio/resolution due to monitor configuration, as they should create the effect of seeing one large single video. The windows 7 PC has 4 outputs on it's AMD W8100 video card which will supply, via HDMI, to the monitor arrays. I need to understand how to earmark each video player to each output on the video card, thus sending it to the proper array of monitors. I also need to understand if the ArraySync will facilitate the video synchronization as well as supplying the video player and telling the video card where to put which of the 4 videos (direct them to the proper port from the video card) Thanks again for any help!
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » October 2nd, 2015, 11:44 am

I guess I’m still confused here. I’m not sure what you mean by four groupings of monitors from one computer? And what you mean by supplying the video player? ArraySync is the video player. Have you tried just running the demo? Maybe it’ll be self-explanatory enough that you can sort it out!
dhkreitz
2 MB

Post by dhkreitz » October 3rd, 2015, 7:23 am

Turboladdade:

One pc> 4 outputs videocard>hdmi cables>qty 4- 16 output signal distributors>hdmicables>44 monitors (4 groupings/arrays/videowalls)
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » October 6th, 2015, 9:02 am

Does Windows see 44 monitors or just 4? ArraySync will output to whatever Windows sees. It sounds like you’re just splitting each video signal to 11 outputs so that doesn’t really affect how ArraySync performs.