how to open UDP and TCP ports 9201? Problem client-server

JVC
4 MB
how to open UDP and TCP ports 9201? Problem client-server

Post by JVC » August 12th, 2016, 8:50 pm

Hi,
I´m having problems connecting my 2 mac mini so as to play 3 projectors.
They are connected trough an ethernet cable but the client never finds the server. My wifi is off. I really don´t know where the problem may be.
The conection between both mac mini shows a shared folder and also can share the screen.
I´ve read about that UDP and TCP ports 9201 might be closed. How can I open them?
Thanks
JVC
4 MB

Re: how to open UDP and TCP ports 9201? Problem client-server

Post by JVC » August 13th, 2016, 6:46 pm

I also checked the firewalls. They weren´t activated. What else could be blocking Arraysync? What could I try?
I should have that solved before tuesday, when the opening takes place...

Thnks
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » August 15th, 2016, 5:36 pm

If you have the two Macs directly connected to each other with an ethernet cable, this is the cause of the problem. They must both be connected to a router.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
JVC
4 MB

Post by JVC » August 16th, 2016, 10:48 pm

Thanks a lot for your answer. I bought a router and connected both to it, but still doesn´t work. Sometimes it finds the server, sometimes doesn´t.

In fact it was the same without router. I got it working sometimes (really few times) Anything left to try?
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » August 17th, 2016, 4:48 am

Well we can go through some steps for troubleshooting.

Firstly, the server must be playing video for it to "broadcast" a signal to clients. Can you verify that you start the server first before attempting to connect?

Secondly, there cannot be two active networks on either of the Macs. ArraySync uses both TCP and UDP protocols for syncing, and having more than one active network gives unpredictable results. So it can either be only ethernet or only wifi active on each computer. If any of them are connected to both an active wifi network and an active ethernet network, this will cause unpredictable results exactly like what you are describing. If you're plugging each system directly into the router with an ethernet cable, you should completely turn off wifi and bluetooth on each device to be sure.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
JVC
4 MB

Post by JVC » August 17th, 2016, 10:31 am

Yes, I am doing the way you tell me.I play first the server and wifi and bluetooth is off... I sed several ethernet cables so as to be sure its not a matter of harware, but same result...