Crossover network Mac & PC

joli
4 MB
Crossover network Mac & PC

Post by joli » May 19th, 2017, 4:40 am

Hi, I am trying to set up one macbook running the ArraySync server and one PC (Windows 7) as client. Preferably these would be running and communicating through a standard network cable. They are set up with manual IP-adresses, on the same series (192.168.1.X). Currently I have the cable plugged in on both ends (with usb->ethernet adapter on the macbook) and am able to ping the windows PC. However, the server is not showing up on the client PC.

Would such a setup be possible to achieve? I am not a network wizard so could really use any help. Thanks!
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Crossover network Mac & PC

Post by Turboladdade » May 19th, 2017, 5:35 am

This type of setup typically does not work. You'll need to have both machines on the same network behind a router serving DHCP and UDP.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
joli
4 MB

Post by joli » May 19th, 2017, 6:47 am

Thank for reply, is there any need for a internet connection as well? Or is it possible to get it to work by just hooking up the two computers to the same router?
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » May 19th, 2017, 2:53 pm

There does not need to be an active Internet connection for this version of ArraySync however future versions will require an occasional connection to stay activated (we're completely changing the serial activation system).
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.