ArraySync de-activating every time I run it

tonthevideoguy
4 MB
ArraySync de-activating every time I run it

Post by tonthevideoguy » November 19th, 2018, 3:15 am

Firstly, thank you for making such an amazing piece of software that has worked and served me so well over the years!

I did run into the first problem ever with ArraySync these days and I'm quite puzzled by it. I've installed the server on a Mac Mini with a fresh 10.8 install (latest updates) and I get a very strange behaviour: every time I close ArraySync it seems to deactivate (i get the splash screen asking for the serial the next time I run it). I made a folder in /Library/Application Support/ and the activation key is there but still I get the same thing. Offline Activator also doesn't work (Activate button is greyed out no matter what I input in the code field).

Have you encountered this before? Is there a solution to this?

P.S. is the email support address not working anymore? I get a delivery failure.
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: ArraySync de-activating every time I run it

Post by Turboladdade » November 19th, 2018, 10:37 am

The only reason that should be happening is if your network configuration has changed after activating, as the activation is tied to the MAC address of your active network interface. Is it possible that this is the case?

Also the support email support@nasolab.com is still active. Which address were you emailing?
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
tonthevideoguy
4 MB

Post by tonthevideoguy » November 19th, 2018, 6:15 pm

Turboladdade wrote:The only reason that should be happening is if your network configuration has changed after activating, as the activation is tied to the MAC address of your active network interface. Is it possible that this is the case?

Also the support email support@nasolab.com is still active. Which address were you emailing?
Thanks for your reply!

My situation is the following: I need to have my mac minis on a separate network, offline. I activate Arraysync with a different cable that is plugged into a router then change the network configuration from automatic to manual, set a static IP address and plug the computer onto the offline network (same network port). Funny thing is that this has been working for the last 5+ years that I've been using ArraySync; it's just this computer that de-activates every time on relaunch. I have 1 other pair of minis configured exactly the same and they're not exhibiting this behaviour. Have you never encountered this? What is your advice?

I emailed support@nasolab.com, I can send you in a private message the delivery failure that I received.

Thanks once again, love & appreciate your work!
tonthevideoguy
4 MB

Post by tonthevideoguy » November 21st, 2018, 5:25 am

For what it's worth I found a workaround to this problem: I went out and bought a Thunderbolt to LAN adapter and left the built-in network adapter unplugged (the one who's MAC address was tied to the activation) then connected the network cable to the TB adapter.
Seems to work fine so far, no more de-activations.
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » November 21st, 2018, 6:26 am

I'm not sure why that would work before but, definitely the changing network configs is what was causing the issue. The good news is I am finally at long last writing ArraySync's replacement which addresses many issues, and will also not have this serial activation system anymore. I'm making up a list of people interested in beta testing once its ready, I'd be happy to post here on the forum once it is.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
tonthevideoguy
4 MB

Post by tonthevideoguy » November 21st, 2018, 7:51 am

Haha, so I've been doing it wrong for all these years!

Sign me up for the beta test please! I'm working all year round with ArraySync! Looking forward!