Sticky windows

beanybean
1 MB
Sticky windows

Post by beanybean » December 6th, 2007, 7:39 pm

So this has happened on two different mac now - MacBook Pro and PowerMac G5 dual 2.0: At random points, a particular window of will become frozen and no longer respond to mouse input. keyboard input still works fine, but nothing the mouse does will affect the window. This happens to any window in any program - a program can have 3 windows open and only one will be frozen.. To "reset" the windows and regain mouse control, I found that using the "focus on all windows of all programs" expose function works. I'm using a logitech MouseMan Traveller, but it still happens when using the trackpad and no mouse connected.. I had USB overdrive installed as the mouse drivers, and uninstalled it in favor of the logitech drivers (which suck), but the problem remains.. Any suggestions?
thanks

Daniel
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Sticky windows

Post by Turboladdade » December 6th, 2007, 8:24 pm

I've experienced this a few times myself, but it happens so rarely I never really thought about what causes it or what the solution might be. It sounds like it may be happening for you more than it does for me.

I think I just change windows or use exposé or something and that usually brings it back to normal. I don't remember exactly what.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.