MacBook Pro Battery Expansion

Turboladdade
1024 MB
MacBook Pro Battery Expansion

Post by Turboladdade » December 19th, 2007, 11:34 pm

The battery in my MacBook Pro began expanding this week and is also no longer recognized by the computer - nor can it physically sit in the bay any longer. It is a first generation Core Duo (not 2 Duo) from like when the Intels first came out.

I had checked the battery recall but mine isn't listed as qualified. I will be taking it to the Apple store tomorrow to have them check it out, thankfully I still have AppleCare.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
chasm
128 MB

Re: MacBook Pro Battery Expansion

Post by chasm » December 22nd, 2007, 2:20 pm

If your battery is expanding:

1. Discontinue use IMMEDIATELY.

2. Call Apple and remain calm, BUT FIRM, that you need a battery replacement. You will get one eventually.

3. I've found that offering to take and email digital pictures of the problem works wonders.
Cheers
chas_m

http://spacejavelin.com
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » December 22nd, 2007, 3:17 pm

Well I took it to the Oakbrook Apple Store. They didn't even want to verify whether or not I was under AppleCare, they simply took it and gave me a new battery right at the store. What great service! Never even looked at the MacBook!
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
chasm
128 MB

Post by chasm » December 24th, 2007, 4:56 am

Gotta love Apple!

High five!
Cheers
chas_m

http://spacejavelin.com
macuser77
32 MB

Post by macuser77 » December 31st, 2007, 4:07 pm

I definitely agree that having an APple Store nearby is handy. I'm on my second MacBook battery, the first one drained too fast, now this one is acting up as well. Anytime I unplug the AC power, the computer cuts off completely. This has happened intermittently and even went away for a couple of months. The battery I have was provided via the battery recall, however Apple wouldn't provide support over the phone on the battery because now my warranty on my laptop has expired. However my battery has a full year from the date Apple replaced it the first time (back in June). I asked at the apple store and they stated I could bring it in and not have to worry about being charged fo AppleCare on it. Atleast the Apple Geniuses are right. i bet the employee I talked with over the phone was really tired of battery calls too...
Proud Mac User since 1999.
Friends don't let Friends use Windows.