Mini Wont Accept Disks

piotrek1313
2 MB
Mini Wont Accept Disks

Post by piotrek1313 » December 21st, 2007, 9:42 pm

A friend of mine is having issues with his Intel Mac Mini, his Mini had been in storage for some time and he took it out today. Plugged in power mouse and keyboard powered the unit on and then tried to insert the recovery disk. He said that the disk went into the drive about 95% and the Mini doesn't suck it in. He felt like there was some resistance when he reached that point.

I obviously asked if he had another disk inside. But if he did he would not be able to insert the disk at all due to the arm that goes up, which is located in the front of the drive

Any Ideas?
:)What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death :)
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Mini Wont Accept Disks

Post by Turboladdade » December 21st, 2007, 9:48 pm

Sounds like drive failure, although there may be a way to reset the drive mechanism or eject anything that might be in there.

You can try launching the Terminal, and typing drutil tray eject and pressing return. That will force the drive to eject even if there isn't a disk in there, which may reset the drive back to a ready state.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
piotrek1313
2 MB

Post by piotrek1313 » August 8th, 2008, 3:36 pm

Ended up getting a new drive, installed it and its working great
:)What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death :)
mickeally
2 MB

Post by mickeally » November 4th, 2008, 12:36 pm

please specify any other way by which we can get it working without installation of a new drive! can you please?