MAC OS X DOES NOT START

abbasum
2 MB
MAC OS X DOES NOT START

Post by abbasum » January 11th, 2008, 4:24 am

Hey everyone,

My Mac OS X is only 1 yr old, it suddenly stucked as I could not start it up. I can see the power is coming in, but only a black screen appears when it's booted. Local technician said that the Logic board is dead! It must be replaced! An estimated repair cost is USD 2300!!! This is extreme cost for me as it is more than the original cost of the new Mac OS X!

Does anyone know links where I can purchase the cheapest Logic board?

Abbasum
chasm
128 MB

Re: MAC OS X DOES NOT START

Post by chasm » January 11th, 2008, 5:18 am

If your machine is less than a year old, it's still covered under warranty. If it isn't, then it will be expensive (but not that expensive).

Take it to a local Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP). They will give you a more reasonable estimate. If they don't, contact Apple directly and ask about "flat rate" repairs on your machine.

Next time, buy Applecare ... and make backups!
Cheers
chas_m

http://spacejavelin.com
abbasum
2 MB

Post by abbasum » January 11th, 2008, 5:22 am

Thanks for your support CHASM.

Let me do that.
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » January 11th, 2008, 11:35 am

You really aught to verify the status of your warranty with Apple. If you bought it less than one year ago, it will still be under the factory warranty. If you bought an AppleCare protection plan, you get three years instead of one. Also, it would be helpful for us to know what kind of Mac you are talking about. "Mac OS X" is not a type of computer. Is this an iMac? MacBook? Mac mini?
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
abbasum
2 MB

Post by abbasum » January 11th, 2008, 11:41 am

The normal one year warranty from Apple finished a couple of months ago. I don't have any more guarantee from Apple. The model of MAC OS X computer is iMac G5.

Thanks
mrkramer
32 MB

Post by mrkramer » January 11th, 2008, 4:29 pm

Since you said it is an iMac G5 it could be the powersupply which Apple has an extended care program even if your origional warranty is used up, check on Apple's support site to see if your is still covered.