Problem - line across screen in open windows

mac
2 MB
Problem - line across screen in open windows

Post by mac » March 16th, 2008, 2:50 pm

I have had the new leopard operating system for a couple weeks now, and i've just began noticing little lines that run horizontally across my open windows, such as Safari, AIM, and iTunes. There is usually only one and it shows up every once in a while, and disappears sometimes when I scroll down. It looks like it is pixilated and in different colors.

I took a screenshot of it to post along with this but the line didn't show up when I opened the picture.

I don't know what this is, can anyone tell me?
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Problem - line across screen in open windows

Post by Turboladdade » March 16th, 2008, 3:10 pm

If the line doesn't show up in the picture, then it is likely either a hardware problem with your graphics card, or a driver problem. What kind of computer is this?
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
mac
2 MB

Post by mac » March 16th, 2008, 4:18 pm

here the line is in the screenshot
Attachments
Picture 1.png
yaknowthatguy
1 MB

Post by yaknowthatguy » March 20th, 2008, 5:12 pm

I am having the same issue - primarily with the finder desktop. I just upgraded to 10.5 on my 17" MBP....so if my video is getting crazy it's real interesting timing.

I repaired permissions, restarted a couple of times, changed the desktop photo, removed the prefpanes for APE, Dejavu, windowshade, little snitch and USB Overdrive.... I read somewhere that APE and Windowshade can be culprits with these issues, and after removing them it seems to have cleared up. anyone else?
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » March 21st, 2008, 11:54 am

I'm having a hard time deciding for myself if this seems like a hardware or software issue. My first thought is hardware, simply because of the nature of what is going on and what I know about how Mac OS X draws windows, but when it also appears in screenshots, then it must be software. Perhaps some sort of driver corruption for the video card.

I still can't exactly be sure as I've never seen this before.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.