imac & pc

malaman
2 MB
imac & pc

Post by malaman » October 1st, 2008, 4:16 pm

Hi
My son has to have an imac for his college work, but you know kids, he was wondering if he can connect the imac with the pc for playing games. Also can the two play each other online?
I've never had a mac so afraid I know nothing.
If so what would we need? Cables etc.
Sorry to seem so thick but I'm not that hot on comps.
Thanks for any advise/help.
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: imac & pc

Post by Turboladdade » October 1st, 2008, 4:25 pm

You're in luck! Almost all Mac games are compatible network play-wise with their PC counterparts.

When you buy a Mac, you of course have to buy Mac versions of all the games you want. Either that, or use one of the many methods of running Windows on your Mac (but that should be a last resort). You can find lots of Mac games at the Apple Game Store or at your local physical Apple Retail Store.

As far as network gaming hardware is concerned, this is all done through the internet or a LAN. This functions the same way as on a PC - with ethernet cables or a wireless access point and a router. College campuses usually already have networks set up in their dorm or housing facilities. Your son will most likely connect to this.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
malaman
2 MB

Post by malaman » October 1st, 2008, 4:32 pm

Thats great. Thanks.
The only problem is, of course, will he be doing his college work or playing games? I dread to think!
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » October 1st, 2008, 4:39 pm

You'd be surprised how studious we students are despite being far detached from authority.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.