Accounting Software

skasmo
16 MB
Accounting Software

Post by skasmo » September 26th, 2009, 2:49 pm

I am currently working on starting a small business. I need some accounting software that would work similar to quickbooks, but hopefully for a better price. I am more than open to suggestions if anyone has any. Thanks.
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Accounting Software

Post by Turboladdade » September 26th, 2009, 3:00 pm

MYOB products are the other major accounting solutions on the Mac. FirstEdge is their entry-level product. You can browse the Apple Store's selection of Financial Software and also check MacUpdate's Business software tracker every now and then.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
vega43
2 MB

Post by vega43 » October 4th, 2009, 9:16 am

i'm also interested in accounting software...skasmo....let me know what u come up with!
NoggintheNomad
8 MB

Post by NoggintheNomad » October 7th, 2009, 11:35 am

MYOB (Mind Your Own Business) is the one I use, I find it extremely practical. http://myob.com
vega43
2 MB

Post by vega43 » October 7th, 2009, 12:08 pm

do u use first edge or account edge?
applesource
2 MB

Post by applesource » November 16th, 2009, 1:32 pm

Depending on what you need, TimeNet could be just what you're looking for. Pretty much everything you need to run a small business. Feature-packed and easy to use - learn more and download completely free at http://applesource.biz/software/timenet
skasmo
16 MB

Post by skasmo » December 2nd, 2010, 8:05 pm

I have been trying to use iWork's Numbers for all my financials, and it has worked fairly well using the templates they have provided. I need something that is a little more in depth. I tried to download "timenet" with the link apple source provided, but I was unable to find it for free ($39.97). Does anyone know of any free accounting software?
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » December 2nd, 2010, 8:31 pm

skasmo wrote:I have been trying to use iWork's Numbers for all my financials, and it has worked fairly well using the templates they have provided. I need something that is a little more in depth. I tried to download "timenet" with the link apple source provided, but I was unable to find it for free ($39.97). Does anyone know of any free accounting software?
Well, Numbers is just a spreadsheet application. If you want full-blown accounting software, you're pretty much going to have to pay. AccountEdge is as close to a "standard" on the Mac platform as your'e going to get, but it's expensive ($299). They do have a free trial version, though, so give that a whirl. It's made by the same company as the consumer-oriented FirstEdge I mentioned above. If even the $99 FirstEdge is too expensive for you to justify, then you probably don't really need accounting software.

It's like somebody saying I want a free alternative to iMovie with the same functionality as Final Cut Pro. It just isn't going to happen.
skasmo
16 MB

Post by skasmo » December 2nd, 2010, 9:21 pm

Is there anywhere I can download more templates for iWork?
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » December 2nd, 2010, 10:13 pm

skasmo wrote:Is there anywhere I can download more templates for iWork?
Jumsoft has some really good, high-quality ones, not your average junk. I don't know how templates would solve your issue, though, as they don't add any hitherto unavailable functionality to iWork, which you seem to seek.

Google also has a lot of information on the subject.
leonAzul
32 MB

Post by leonAzul » March 2nd, 2011, 12:52 pm

Update:

An OS X 10.5+ native version of Gnucash for Intel Macs was released 27. Feb. 2011.
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/source ... -2.4.3.dmg

Gnucash is an industrial strength FOSS accounting package that's a bit light on templates but very strong on documentation and features. The previous version is also available for PowerPC CPUs.

ETA
More info here:
http://www.gnucash.org/
http://www.gnucash.org/docs.phtml
Meljane
2 MB

Post by Meljane » July 18th, 2013, 7:46 pm

Does anyone know how to restore the default formulas on the Number's check book template? Too often I will be entering my deposits and checks and the formula becomes lost that provides my running balances in the last column to the right.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Mel D
alonzobarker
1 MB

Post by alonzobarker » July 21st, 2013, 2:35 pm

Hey did you get the solution for that. Facing same problem. Searched over internet also but still not solved!!
Meljane
2 MB

Post by Meljane » July 22nd, 2013, 2:29 pm

alonzobarker wrote:Hey did you get the solution for that. Facing same problem. Searched over internet also but still not solved!!
There has to be a simple click by click solution to this issue but I haven't found it. Hopefully someone else has found a solution and be willing to share. I typed all over the Internet too and didn't find a thing about it. There seems to be much more about Excel than I Work and Numbers spreadsheets.

Thanks,

Mel & jane