Mail Crashing?

danbrumit
4 MB
Mail Crashing?

Post by danbrumit » June 28th, 2010, 9:03 am

I had the developer os4 for a couple of months and would notice that my mail would crash on my 3GS. It has now happened to me twice on the iPhone 4. I can read messages but cannot create a new message. I have to do a restart to be able to use mail again

Has anyone have this happen to them?
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Mail Crashing?

Post by Turboladdade » June 28th, 2010, 9:33 am

What mail service are you using? I saw my friend's 3GS crashing the FOX News app last night that never happened before iOS 4 he says. I told him he probably needs to update his apps. Mine's been super stable on my 3G since iOS 4.

x.0 releases should always expect some bugs.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
danbrumit
4 MB

Re: Mail Crashing?

Post by danbrumit » June 29th, 2010, 9:27 pm

Well, I'm using the same as i was on the 3gs. which are yahoo google mobile me. never had a problem with before os 4.0. But it happened twice on the 3gs 4.0 (again that was beta) but again on the new iphone 4. Everything would work, just couldn't create a message at all. Now this would happen after sending and reading a message or two, then go to create a message and it would shut down. After that it would load, i could read mail, just not create a new message. it would not shut down anymore...just would load new message screen.

While doing a restart on the phone would fix the problem, I now have found that all i have to do is shut down the app from the multi-task menu. Reload it and it will work fine again.