Cannot print downloaded PDF files

montana redskin
2 MB
Cannot print downloaded PDF files

Post by montana redskin » October 19th, 2010, 7:33 pm

people, i am a novice and am really frustrated with the inability to print pdf files that come off the internet, can anyone help me with this? i know it is a simple thing but cannot fathom how to go about it. very discouraging indeed.
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Cannot print downloaded PDF files

Post by Turboladdade » October 20th, 2010, 7:38 am

What application are you viewing PDFs in? And what happens in that application when you go to File -> Print? We need to know some details because, printing PDFs is normally pretty straightforward. Can you print other types of documents?

Also, please remember to start new topics to ask a question, rather than replying to existing unrelated topics.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
montana redskin
2 MB

Post by montana redskin » October 20th, 2010, 9:38 am

trying to print from safari and it just will not print things like for instance a landlord-renter form, it says this form cannot be printed, always had this problem.
it prints any other thing on the net that i wish.
but this is important to be able to do this thing.
also how do you get File->Print?
anything that has to be filled out will not work.
i feel like a klutz but being 70 times around sun might have something to do with it. don't know.
i have been trying for about four years to learn the computer and i just love to use what i know.
i thank you for your help on this.
montana.
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » October 20th, 2010, 9:56 am

Try saving the file and opening it in Preview rather than Safari. You can do this by holding down Option as you click the link to the PDF, or after you've already loaded it in Safari, move your mouse toward the bottom center and an options will appear including one to view in Preview.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
michaelbix
4 MB

Post by michaelbix » February 9th, 2013, 8:21 pm

Another hint (as far as what it means to "save the file"). Every displayed pdf page in Safari... once the page has fully loaded to your screen... should display a set of three icons when you mouse over the lower quarter of your screen, near the centre. The one which shows an arrow pointing down activates the command to download that Internet pdf to your computer desktop (or whatever folder you direct your downloads toward). Once it has downloaded, open as suggested with either Preview... or Adobe Reader (which you can download free from Adobe's website).

Adobe Reader allows you complete in-document search capability, access to and copying of images in the document, and if the document is not locked, some limited capability to edit (which may be necessary if you are downloading... as you say... a form to be filled out).
Michael the Bix
http://www.redactyl.com
Creating obfuscation without appropriate credentials.
posting at http://twitter.com/michaelbix