Can you transfer files between bootcamped partitions?

heartlessomen
8 MB
Can you transfer files between bootcamped partitions?

Post by heartlessomen » November 20th, 2010, 12:56 pm

Hey guys,

I just installed a windows 7 partition in boot camp the other day and I was wondering can I transfer large files between the partitions? Say for instance I download a windows only program in os x (because I like os x better) and wanted to transfer it over to the windows 7 partition. If the file is 9gb will I be able to just drag and drop it into the bootcamp partition?

I'm running a mid 2010 mbp 2.66 i7 w/ os x 10.6.5 and the newest version of bootcamp if that helps.

Thanks guys
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Can you transfer files between bootcamped partitions?

Post by Turboladdade » November 20th, 2010, 1:24 pm

heartlessomen wrote:Hey guys,

I just installed a windows 7 partition in boot camp the other day and I was wondering can I transfer large files between the partitions? Say for instance I download a windows only program in os x (because I like os x better) and wanted to transfer it over to the windows 7 partition. If the file is 9gb will I be able to just drag and drop it into the bootcamp partition?

I'm running a mid 2010 mbp 2.66 i7 w/ os x 10.6.5 and the newest version of bootcamp if that helps.

Thanks guys
About that, I am not entirely sure because I don't use Boot-Camp - I have a dedicated PC for Windows development when my work requires. That being said, I can say you probably should download files from the Windows side, especially if they're ~9GB in size. Now, no matter what means you use, you're still spending extra time after downloading to transfer that 9GB file to your windows partition.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.