Win 7 Itunes & ipad Photos

johnboy66
16 MB

Post by johnboy66 » February 26th, 2011, 4:52 pm

Can't Hear, Stroke, One side is Disabled.

I"m back with another question.

A. Created a new folder on my desktop for my iPad bound photos.
B. Created all the folders I want in there.
C. Upload the synch feature of iTunes

How do I use the Upload the synch feature of iTunes?

Johnboy
leonAzul
32 MB

Re: Win 7 Itunes & ipad Photos

Post by leonAzul » March 2nd, 2011, 10:39 am

This is best done from within the iTunes application itself. The photos need to be imported to iTunes first, which will then create folders and sync rules depending on how you set this up.

There are quite a few ways to organize this, so rather than get too explicit, I'll just share some general tips.

It's a good idea to create a smart playlist in iTunes that selects for recently imported files so you can quickly find them and adjust the metadata as desired.

Use the "Grouping" field to assign your own keywords. This works something like the ID3 "Group" tag, but becomes part of the iTunes database rather than applied to the file itself. For example, you could apply an "iPad" grouping to all the photos you wish to synchronize, create a smart playlist that includes only files with that grouping, and set up a sync rule to use that playlist.

It's best to work through iTunes rather than directly in the file system with Windows Explorer: iTunes does a very good job of creating a directory structure according to the metadata, provided the files are properly tagged. That's the reason for my first suggestion. The other thing is that once you get used to it, using the search field with multiple tags works a lot faster than ploughing through folders -- so much better that I no longer bother setting up playlists by genre or artist anymore, but of course YMMV.

In the "iTunes Folder" there is an "Automatically add to iTunes" folder. You can make a link to that on the desktop or include that in your right-click send-to contextual menu -- please check Windows Help for details.

HTH
johnboy66
16 MB

Post by johnboy66 » March 2nd, 2011, 2:18 pm

I have no idea what your talking about.

I can put them somewhere, lol but I don't use iTunes.

Need more info or something.

I Dled iTunes, Then I copied (emailed) to Ipad, Then I copied the Photos on
ipad to Saved Photos.

Then I took it to another group, They looked at Photos.

Then I got home, On my Win 7 puter I tried to find in iTunes. but could not find anything.

Then I went to Dummies. Boy am I a Dummy. lol

I can find iTunes, but thats all.
johnboy66
16 MB

Post by johnboy66 » March 2nd, 2011, 5:38 pm

I deleted ipad - Photos - Saved photos.

Now then, Win 7 - iTunes. How do I put the Photos on iTunes?

<The photos need to be imported to iTunes first, which will then create folders and sync rules depending on how you set this up.>
leonAzul
32 MB

Post by leonAzul » March 29th, 2011, 3:51 pm

I seem to have misunderstood your question, so let me start over.
johnboy66 wrote:I deleted ipad - Photos - Saved photos.

Now then, Win 7 - iTunes. How do I put the Photos on iTunes?
Please make sure you have the latest version of iTunes. The first time you connect the iPad, iTunes should launch and present a dialog to set up a profile for that device. You can set up the rules for photos at this time or afterwards, the procedure is nearly the same. Either during set up, or after selecting the iPad from the list of devices, select the "Photos" tab, check the "Sync Photos from" box, and use the pull down menu to the right to select the "Choose folder…" item and choose the folder where the photos are. Click "Apply", and from now on whenever the iPad is connected, iTunes will check that folder for photos.

HT4236_Photos_Tab4.jpg.png
Please click on image to see full size

Note that iTunes will only "push" photos from the PC to the iPad. To copy from the iPad to the PC, another application (Adobe Photoshop Album or Elements, etc.) needs to be set up to recognize the iPad as a "camera" and import the photos when it is connected. For this reason, you might want to consider using one of those applications to organize your photos, create an album specifically to be synced with the iPad, and then setting up iTunes to look at that album instead of a folder.

For more information on this and related topics, please see this KnowledgeBase article:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4236

If your iPad is running IOS 3, a PDF version of your users manual is located here:
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPad_User_Guide.pdf

This is for IOS 4:
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPa ... _Guide.pdf

Edited to correct link to KnowledgeBase article.