How to capture keystrokes and messages from a Mac?

Alleny
2 MB
How to capture keystrokes and messages from a Mac?

Post by Alleny » September 25th, 2011, 10:11 pm

I am looking for some software that can capture keystrokes and messages from a MAC and i can monitor from a remote computer because of my 7yrs son is always addicted to computer. While I often go to work and have no much time to accompany him, so I want to check what he usually do on the Internet. Well, I have hunted so much on the Internet and feel that mac keylogger and Amac Keylogger for Mac are not bad. But I want to be sure which one suits me more and if it's worth my money. Do you guys use it before? Or have better choice?
NEVER SAY GOODBYE
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: How to capture keystrokes and messages from a Mac?

Post by Turboladdade » September 25th, 2011, 10:40 pm

I wouldn't install anything like that on any of my computers, especially not the one you picked out. Besides the shady and questionable nature of doing such a thing, that particular price tag is ridiculous for an unheard of product from a no-name software company. The copyright on the website says "Copyright © 1999-2011 Amac Keylogger for Mac Co., Ltd". Really? The name of the company is the same as the product? And the entire website exhibits incredibly poor grammar, almost unintelligible in places. Seems like this is probably scamware from overseas.

If you want a keystroke logger just search MacUpdate or VersionTracker for titles with good authentic ratings.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
leonAzul
32 MB

Re: How to capture keystrokes and messages from a Mac?

Post by leonAzul » September 30th, 2011, 12:28 am

I wouldn't install anything like that on any of my computers for the very simple reason that the same software that allows you to monitor your son's activity will allow anyone else to monitor yours. I also suspect that your boss will not be too enthusiastic about your use of company time and resources to remotely and surreptitiously log on to your home computer in order to check up on your son.

There are a number of places on your computer where internet activity is recorded. If you feel the need to know, it is possible to look there without any additional software.

There are ways to restrict access on a per user basis. Please consider creating a separate non-administrative account for your son and applying Parental Controls as outlined here:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2900