Problem with macbookpro

odigi
2 MB
Problem with macbookpro

Post by odigi » October 13th, 2011, 4:39 pm

Hi guys

A friend borrows to me a macbookpro

Yesterday I tried to install a program (google sketchup) . During the installation proccess the Mac asked me for a user name and a password in order to allow instaler to make changes. The problem that I don't remember the password neither me nor my friend . Do you have any proposal . Do I have to make format

Thank you in advance
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Problem with macbookpro

Post by Turboladdade » October 13th, 2011, 4:45 pm

You'll have to insert a Mac OS X install DVD and boot from it, then use the Reset Password utility found on the DVD, select the startup disk and user account in question, and change the password.

These instructions, if my memory serves me correctly, are the same for Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard. Last time I booted from a Lion DVD the menus had changed a bit but the Reset Password utility is still in there.

Your friend aught to remember their password form now on, as you kindof need it all the time.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
odigi
2 MB

Post by odigi » October 14th, 2011, 1:57 am

Thank you very much. The problem is that my friend lives in Sweden and I live in greece.do you have any idea from where I could find this dvd. Do I have to pay for this;
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » October 14th, 2011, 9:17 am

Every Mac comes with a Mac OS X DVD. If your friend doesn't have one then he'll have to buy one. And if your'e going to buy one, you might as well be sure to update to the latest version of Mac OS. Depending on which generation of MacBook Pro he has, this may be Snow Leopard (very early Core Duo) or the current Lion (Core 2 Duo and up).
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.