Which software you use to monitor CPU temperature?

Candyfde
1 MB
Which software you use to monitor CPU temperature?

Post by Candyfde » February 16th, 2012, 4:27 am

Laptop may get overheating when too many programs are running at the same time, so find a software monitor temperature is very important to Mac users.
I use Magican to monitor for Mac,I want to know which software are you taking to use?
wove
16 MB

Re: Which software you use to monitor CPU temperature?

Post by wove » February 16th, 2012, 8:51 am

System monitoring software always strikes me as a waste of time. Macs monitor their own temperature. They turn on the fan as needed, they shut down if heat becomes excessive. I think you only need to monitor something if you can favorably control it. I have no ability to control the temperature of the cpu, so I see no point in monitoring it.

bill
--
\/\/i||i@m ()\/e
davidchristmass
16 MB

Post by davidchristmass » February 16th, 2012, 12:19 pm

Goodday, I have posted here several times before, but been shouted down for being out of touch, all the time, with Apple kit.

So here is my professional response, I don't use any Software developed program to regularly monitor my Power PC, it runs cool, seldom exceeds 30 degrees, if I do need to test the tempreture of the chip, certainly I won't be depending on any wares of software packages developed by alledged software engineers, principally because they know jack shite about tempreture or hardware, and because what ever package I would claim to mention, would be well out of date, and need a persistant upgrade, to be the latest latest compatibility with the latest and latest systems, I mean if someone gave me an intel chip on the back of a kellogs cornflake packet, I'd buy the weetabix brand instead, such is my confidence in that arena.

I find a mercury thermometer probe, does me quite well, for an ambient measure, I have of course an infra red probe, and I have a reasonably accurate measurement to 1 degree c using an extremely thermocouple device: none of that requires that I upgrade my os, enable javascript, use os ten, or have an intel inside chip instead of my brain, or even cacading style sheets!
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » February 16th, 2012, 12:59 pm

Candyfde wrote:I use Magican to monitor for Mac,I want to know which software are you taking to use?
I never heard of Magician before but it looks like some kind of low-quality foreign spamware. If your Mac is overheating then there's either something wrong with it or you're using it improperly (like on top of plush quilts or something). Anyways, most people I know who do choose to monitor and control their system fans use smcFanControl. I don't personally go that route, but that being said...
davidchristmass wrote:certainly I won't be depending on any wares of software packages developed by alledged software engineers, principally because they know jack shite about tempreture or hardware
Not really... all these utilities for monitoring component temperatures stuff are merely reporting values given by various Apple APIs. It's not some sort of hackery into hardware subsystems.
davidchristmass wrote:Goodday, I have posted here several times before, but been shouted down for being out of touch, all the time, with Apple kit.
No, you haven't been "shouted down" -- people have tried to explain to you multiple times why your irrational fear of Intel, Mac OS X and now apparently Cascading Style Sheets is borderline psychotic.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
Handsome_88
2 MB

Post by Handsome_88 » April 28th, 2013, 8:19 am

Thank you for suggesting smcFanControl!
roan87
1 MB

Post by roan87 » May 2nd, 2013, 1:49 am

Actually Im using smcFanControl and so far the best that I have. Good suggestion.
thor0128
8 MB

Post by thor0128 » July 2nd, 2013, 4:18 pm

I use iStat Menus it works very well for me
Joe321Son16
2 MB

Post by Joe321Son16 » February 27th, 2015, 11:41 pm

Same for me I use smcFanControl.
Josepha