Exporting from iMac to Iomega

mscsyper
1 MB
Exporting from iMac to Iomega

Post by mscsyper » March 17th, 2013, 8:45 pm

So I have owned a dell with my previous computer and used my Iomega to store and save pics and files. Now that I have an iMac I was trying to export pics and videos to Iomega and it won't let me? Is it cuz Iomega doesn't work for Mac computers? Do I need another hard drive that is for Mac? If so, what type of hard drive should I use for my iMac?
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Exporting from iMac to Iomega

Post by Turboladdade » March 18th, 2013, 10:54 am

"Iomega" is a brand name that has been applied to a ton of totally different storage products over the past 30 years. Can you be more specific?
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
Grandboop
2 MB

Post by Grandboop » March 29th, 2013, 6:53 am

I have a 1+ year-old stand-alone external 2gb Iomega USB 2.0/FW 800 drive which is essential to me (though I do back it up, the backup is also an Iomega!). Yesterday the drive "decided" it was unable to find many files in several folders. Cleaning things up involved Disk Utility, Maintenance and reverting to a previous Time Machine backup before I could remount the external drive and run First Aid on it.

Conclusion: I bought another back-up drive (Seagate). Even when you can fix things, taking half a day to do so is pretty discouraging.

Moral: Run Time Machine and have backups!
Grandboop
2 MB

Post by Grandboop » March 29th, 2013, 6:55 am

P.S. Iomega now seems to have been swallowed whole by Lenovo. Will they even be selling hard drives?
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » March 29th, 2013, 2:00 pm

The Iomega brand is being phased out. You'er better off looking elsewhere for external drives.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.