Cannot print since upgrade to Mavericks

FrMark
8 MB
Cannot print since upgrade to Mavericks

Post by FrMark » December 21st, 2013, 11:10 am

I was printing perfectly satisfactorily over my home network via wi-fi from my MacBook pro on Mountain Lion to an Epson SX400 wired to my Windows XP desktop machine.

After upgrading to Mavericks the printer was not recognised immediately even when reinstalled. A couple of days later an updated driver arrived but now I still have a problem and although I've reset the printing system several times it persists: I can ask a program to print a document and all seems well but after a second or two the printer is reported to be paused. If I ask it to resume it simple pauses again after a couple more seconds and my document remain perpetually paused.

I have run out of ideas. Anyone else anything to suggest, please?

Thanks.
Mark
FrMark
8 MB

Re: Cannot print since upgrade to Mavericks

Post by FrMark » January 6th, 2014, 8:59 am

OK, right. I'll go away, then.

Bye.
Aude
32 MB

Post by Aude » January 8th, 2014, 11:42 am

I have the same problem, Mark. Thanks for alerting me to it. I haven't need to print since early Dec. so hadn't noticed. I haven't done anything about finding drivers yet. Did yours arrive automatically and how did you know it had arrived?

Will be glad to hear from anyone who's solved this and will have ago myself later but have deadlines pressing.
FrMark
8 MB

Post by FrMark » January 8th, 2014, 12:05 pm

The update to the driver came automatically, and indeed when I reinstalled a downloaded driver from Epson's website in an attempt to get something working the update was offered to me again. As I recall (and it is a while ago now) the update did get the process further along, but not as far as actually printing anything :-( It arrived with an alert flag on the App Store icon, I think.

I have not yet tried plugging the printer into my MacBook (would involve gymnastics under the desk) but even if that works it would not be a proper solution.
Aude
32 MB

Post by Aude » January 8th, 2014, 12:23 pm

Thanks, Mark. It may be gymnastics for me too!
reynapepper
1 MB

Post by reynapepper » February 20th, 2014, 12:34 pm

I have been having the same problem. I did not discover it until recently when I had a deadline and attempted to print. Reinstalling the software has not helped. Even when I plug the printer into my Macbook it will not print. This is really frustrating. Has anyone come up with ideas for this?
FrMark
8 MB

Post by FrMark » February 23rd, 2014, 4:23 pm

Oh dear, this is not good news. Am thinking new printer might be needed, but in meantime am managing most of the time by using Google Cloudprint: bit of a sledgehammer to crack a walnut when the printer is in the same room as my MacBook, though! It just used to work before the "upgrade" to Mavericks. No use asking Epson. I am waiting for Apple to get this fixed.