Can I recover accidentally deleted logic Pro files on Mac?

Kathleen
1 MB
Can I recover accidentally deleted logic Pro files on Mac?

Post by Kathleen » July 24th, 2018, 1:48 am

I want to recover deleted logic Pro files from my Mac. I don’t have any backup plan, and I know I need to purchase data recovery software. But I have one query – Does data recovery software recognize logic Pro files? If yes, please suggest me some good software option.
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Can I recover accidentally deleted logic Pro files on Mac?

Post by Turboladdade » July 24th, 2018, 9:35 am

TestDisk is the best free option but requires using the command line. Their website has a lot of good documentation and the result will be as good or better than any spyware solution.

DiskDrill is probably the best reasonably priced option for payware.

Unfortunately there is a metric crapton of scam data recovery utilities/apps out there trying to rip you off on the Internet. So just ignore the rest and go with the above two options.

That being said, most modern Macs have SSD "flash" drives and unfortunately data recovery on those is next to impossible. Unlike older spinning platter disks, SSDs generally don't retain data after a file has been deleted.

I highly recommend using Backblaze to continually backup your Mac's internal and external hard drives. It's unlimited storage for only $5/month per Mac or PC. I use it myself and am quite pleased.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
chasm
128 MB

Post by chasm » August 17th, 2018, 12:03 am

Seconded. Good luck retrieving the files, and I trust you understand that Time Machine or Carbon Copy Cloner or some other free-to-low-cost investment would have prevented this tragedy, and you'll not repeat that mistake.
Cheers
chas_m

http://spacejavelin.com
Langone
1 MB

Post by Langone » January 2nd, 2019, 9:51 am

This is my worst nightmare as well. I reckon I'm going to take your advice and backup everything next weekend. Glad to find out about the TestDisk though. It seems like a powerful piece of recovery tool.