Which ipod should I go for?

Rebekah
1 MB
Which ipod should I go for?

Post by Rebekah » June 6th, 2008, 8:23 am

Ok, I have eventually decided to buy an ipod but I have no idea which one to get. I don't want anything too big like the 80 or 160 GB. About 8GB will do me fine.
I will really only need it for music. Which ipod has the best sound? Or are they all the same? Does this iPod would be good enough for me? Please explain.
Thank you
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Which ipod should I go for?

Post by Turboladdade » June 6th, 2008, 9:52 am

All the iPods sound the same. All the current iPods play video, except the Shuffle which does not have a screen. The iPod Shuffle, Nano, and Touch use flash-based memory, as opposed to the iPod Classic, which uses a physical spinning hard disk. This is why the first three have such smaller capacities than the latter. The hard disk-based iPod Classic can hold way way more data but is easier to damage and is best suited only for those who must have their entire music library with them. The iPod Touch is essentially an iPhone without the phone. The iPod Nano is extremely small, but not as as small as the shuffle.

I think the Nano would be a great choice for you. This is what many many people wind up with, because it is a good mix of features, price, and size for the average music listener.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
mickeally
2 MB

Post by mickeally » November 4th, 2008, 12:40 pm

i had apple's shuffle for the last two years and want to replace it with a cheap one, as i am totally in no place to increase my budget, can anyone please list a few for me? please submit details of price for nano too
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » November 6th, 2008, 3:10 pm

mickeally wrote:i had apple's shuffle for the last two years and want to replace it with a cheap one, as i am totally in no place to increase my budget, can anyone please list a few for me? please submit details of price for nano too
I am of the opinion that it's best to wait until you can afford a brand new one. I wouldn't go for used iPods - there's no telling what the previous owner has done to it. People tend to abuse iPods.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.