iPhone 4 flash problem

nmb20
1 MB
iPhone 4 flash problem

Post by nmb20 » September 12th, 2010, 10:44 am

Does anyone else experience a hazy look to photos taken with cases on iPhone 4? Many of them design the cases too close to the camera/flash and it produces a milky look in the photos. If I take the case off, the photos are clear.

Has anyone found a case that works with the flash?
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: iPhone 4 flash problem

Post by Turboladdade » September 12th, 2010, 12:15 pm

I had the Speck PixelSkin case for my iPhone 3G. It was great, extremely protective (I dropped on concrete dozens of times). It also fit my iPhone 4 nicely, which was a surprise, but as it was designed for the older phones it did the same thing you described above (it completely covered the flash).

I now have the Griffen Perforated Silicone Case / FlexGrip Punch. It's opening for the camera and flash is very wide as you can see below.
1.jpg
1.jpg (7.8KiB)Viewed 4789 times
I'm pretty satisfied with this case so far. I like the thinner profile compared to the big Speck case from before. I only worry that it leaves the bottom of the phone a little flimsily protected.

I hear that Speck now has a PixelSkin for iPhone 4 but, as you suggested, it's opening for the camera is much closer and snug around the camera and flash.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
RUcollegeBoy
8 MB

Post by RUcollegeBoy » September 12th, 2010, 7:39 pm

I use a nice blue ifrogz case on my iPhone 4 and haven't exeperienced this issue.

Have you tried your flash with more than one case?
Janet
2 MB

Post by Janet » September 16th, 2010, 4:48 am

No, I don't have the problem, I think you should try one more case