Water damage question?

graciesmomma
4 MB
Water damage question?

Post by graciesmomma » May 3rd, 2013, 12:54 pm

My phone received water damage while it was sitting on my sink and I was taking a shower. I was able to put it in a bag of rice for the rice to soak most of the water up for two nights. I should have did it a third night but I didn't and now I'm left with several spots of water damage under the screen. Is this permanent? It originally got wet
Saturday- 6 days ago. Please let me know what I can do, if anything, to remove the water spots. Thank you.
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Water damage question?

Post by Turboladdade » May 3rd, 2013, 1:19 pm

If it's just moisture sitting between the glass and the LCD then it might go away eventually, unless it contains soap residue then it's probably going to be there forever. If it's damaged pixels (like black spots on the screen) then no that's permanent.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
graciesmomma
4 MB

Post by graciesmomma » May 3rd, 2013, 2:21 pm

It definitely was just water. Not soap residue. Is there anyway to speed up the process of getting rid of the moisture spots?
graciesmomma
4 MB

Post by graciesmomma » May 3rd, 2013, 2:22 pm

The spots are not black. They are white. It's definitely just moisture. Is there a way to take off the screen and wipe it away or is that too risky?
Cavin
4 MB

Post by Cavin » November 18th, 2017, 1:17 pm

Have you solved this issue? My friend has a similar problem, but as I understand it's better to address a professional.