How do I extract data from an iPhone backup?

unknown1
16 MB
How do I extract data from an iPhone backup?

Post by unknown1 » June 15th, 2013, 3:38 pm

I just recorded a 7.2 GB video using Belkin's LiveAction app and grip on my iPhone 4s. Now, how do I get it off of my phone? Seems like I should be able to decode Apple's 'hidden' files on the 'ol PC and get the video out, but what do I use to do it?

It is too big to edit or transfer to the camera roll (evidently). If I could transfer to Camera Roll I could access it directly from the wife's PC (our server and computer the phones are synced to). My iPhone's memory is now full, I don't want to just delete this video!

I've seen several apps in the $30 range that say they can do something like this, but sites are saying these apps don't work very well, and I don't know if they will do what I want anyway!
Russell - Unknown1 - Idaho, USA
iMac 2008 20" 2.6 GHz
unknown1
16 MB

Re: How do I extract data from an iPhone backup?

Post by unknown1 » June 16th, 2013, 3:53 pm

Further research found this handy little app: iPhone Backup Extractor:

http://supercrazyawesome.com/

Worked like a charm, all I have to do is rename all the goofy assigned filenames.

Note this only works on Mac, so I backed up my iPhone on the Mac (I DID NOT SYNC IT as it is already synced to our server- a PC) and worked from the backup, now I can delete all the stuff off my iPhone and have my space back!

Thanks for your time all, this is now in the archive if anyone needs this info in the future.
Russell - Unknown1 - Idaho, USA
iMac 2008 20" 2.6 GHz