iPod Touch... Syncing with Outlook Exchange Server

invisiblefrog
4 MB
iPod Touch... Syncing with Outlook Exchange Server

Post by invisiblefrog » February 16th, 2009, 2:44 pm

Here is what I have...
Wife has an iPod Touch that she wants to sync her work (outlook exchange server) calendar with her Touch. She doesn't want to input her calendar twice. She will do it once but wants it synced at work, and the Touch, Home would be a bonus.

We use Mac at home and physically sync her ipod Touch to our Mac Laptop.

I thought MobileMe was the Answer but it doesn't seem to work with the exchange server, any ideas of a work around? I can't believe we are the only ones in this situation. Does Google Calendar sync with the exchange? Then we could sync the Touch with Google Calendar?
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: iPod Touch... Syncing with Outlook Exchange Server

Post by Turboladdade » February 16th, 2009, 3:00 pm

Is she entering the calendar information on her Mac, her work PC, or her iPod Touch?
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
invisiblefrog
4 MB

Post by invisiblefrog » February 17th, 2009, 9:42 am

She will enter the majority of the calendar events on her work PC, add a few to the iPod Touch when she is out and about.
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » February 17th, 2009, 11:24 am

I have yet to use any Exchange services, or MobileMe for that matter, on my iPhone. I'm pretty sure though MobileMe is what you want to be using. They make quite a hoopla on their website about syncing calendars with exchange. When you say it "doesn't seem to work with the exchange server" do you mean her employer's exchange server?

Jumping the gun, here are some things you might find useful:
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
invisiblefrog
4 MB

Post by invisiblefrog » February 17th, 2009, 11:17 pm

Thanks Dan...
When syncing to the exchange server with mobile me the calendar is greyed out, I will see if the IT person will allow the active sync. She is the boss, so why not? I am not 100% sure this will solve the problem of syncing to the exchange server, via moblileme.
Is there a manual sync like on my ipod? I wonder if that was the only thing she would sync on the PC is her calendar, then everything else (apps, music, movies) would stay put and not be an issue when it was synced with the Mac at home. (Thinking outloud and typing... this might work.)