Will case help with iPhone antenna issue

viitalword
2 MB
Will case help with iPhone antenna issue

Post by viitalword » July 11th, 2010, 4:55 pm

Will iPhone 4 case help with antenna issue?
chasm
128 MB

Re: Will case help with iPhone antenna issue

Post by chasm » July 12th, 2010, 3:52 am

Are you asking because you are genuinely experiencing an issue, or are you just reacting to some of the quite-overblown press coverage?

The press coverage of this "story" has generally been very poor (and driven, quite frankly, by competitors and others with their own agendas).

That's not to say there isn't an issue and the whole thing is imaginary. It's not, and Apple explanation (http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/07 ... etter.html) doesn't tell the whole story (though I think they were being as truthful as possible at the time it was written).

Apple has provided an explanation that covers the issue of attenuation (which is perfectly normal and occurs in all cellphones) and why its effects have been exaggerated in the iPhone. What they haven't yet covered -- probably because they didn't fully realise the issue -- is that the real problem people are complaining about is because of "detuning," which is different than attenuation. The antenna detuning actually tends to happen only when you're holding the iPhone for dialing or texting -- not when you're on the actual call and holding it up to your ear -- but it shouldn't be happening as strongly.

There's evidence that this problem doesn't affect most iPhones (suggesting a missing coating on some quantity of the product?), but if you are one of those affected by the detuning issue, a case like "the bumper" should "fix" the problem.
Cheers
chas_m

http://spacejavelin.com
viitalword
2 MB

Post by viitalword » July 12th, 2010, 4:44 pm

Because I have an iPhone 4 and te antenna was messing up. But I answered my own question... The case does work just bought it yesterday
robsbrutal
2 MB

Post by robsbrutal » August 3rd, 2010, 3:08 am

Hey man just FYI apple is giving away free cases at apple stores for iPhone 4 owners but since you bought one they will refund your money.
PaulPalmer
16 MB

Post by PaulPalmer » August 15th, 2010, 3:55 am

I got an email from apple with an app offering a free case. I sent for it because I always accept freebies. It was through my ubiquitous iTunes account
pklosterman73
4 MB

Post by pklosterman73 » August 16th, 2010, 6:34 am

My iPhone 4 I find is good for everything EXCEPT making phone calls. Even with a bumper, I have on average 6 dropped calls a day. This issue seems to have become consistently bad a little over a week ago?!?!?