Mac Pro 1,1 Dual-Core Intel Xeon Memory Upgrade

Dagga
4 MB
Mac Pro 1,1 Dual-Core Intel Xeon Memory Upgrade

Post by Dagga » March 13th, 2011, 10:10 pm

Greetings all, I am new to this forum and was trying to find an answer to my query, but didn't, so I decided to start a new threat. Hopefully someone can help me. Basically I have 4x(512MB) modules that came with the computer. I do music production etc... Just looking to get a very good pair of 4GB modules to add on. I've looked at OWC & Ramjet. They both look very good!! If anyone has any experience with either, or perhaps another company I would appreciate your advise/recommendations. Of course buying directly from Apple may be the best way here, but for one, I don't think they currently sell modules for my computer model. And if they do they are far more pricey than the other offerings, and as far as I can tell not much difference in the quality and performance.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Mac Pro 1,1 Dual-Core Intel Xeon Memory Upgrade

Post by Turboladdade » March 13th, 2011, 10:52 pm

Dagga wrote:I have 4x(512MB) modules that came with the computer. I do music production etc... Just looking to get a very good pair of 4GB modules to add on. I've looked at OWC & Ramjet.
OWC is the best third-party Mac memory and upgrade source, hands-down. I've been a customer for ~10 years, and keep coming back again and again.
Dagga
4 MB

Post by Dagga » March 13th, 2011, 11:30 pm

Hey Turboladdade, thanks for the response. Ever had any problems with memory modules from OWC or anyone else?
Dagga
4 MB

Post by Dagga » March 13th, 2011, 11:31 pm

Anyone else care to chime in?
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » March 13th, 2011, 11:35 pm

Dagga wrote:Hey Turboladdade, thanks for the response. Ever had any problems with memory modules from OWC or anyone else?
Not with OWC modules. The only memory modules I've ever had give me problems were always really super old from like the 1990s. OWC guarantees their memory with a lifetime replacement warranty. Simply call them up and get a replacement if one fails. I have the extra bonus of living near by (they're based in northwest Chicago suburbs) so even the cheapest US mail shipping is next day for me.
Dagga
4 MB

Post by Dagga » March 14th, 2011, 12:08 am

Nice!! Thanks again. I will take a closer look at their offering.
leonAzul
32 MB

Post by leonAzul » March 29th, 2011, 5:06 pm

I second Turboladdade's recommendation of OWC as the most reliable source for RAM for a Mac. Not only are their prices competitive, but they also are very diligent about assuring compatibility and provide excellent pre- and post-sales support. Among other things, they publish the results of their compatibility testing, make detailed take-apart and installation tutorials as well as toolkits available, and are overall a valuable resource for Mac upgrade issues.
Dagga
4 MB

Post by Dagga » March 29th, 2011, 10:18 pm

leonAzul wrote:I second Turboladdade's recommendation of OWC as the most reliable source for RAM for a Mac. Not only are their prices competitive, but they also are very diligent about assuring compatibility and provide excellent pre- and post-sales support. Among other things, they publish the results of their compatibility testing, make detailed take-apart and installation tutorials as well as toolkits available, and are overall a valuable resource for Mac upgrade issues.
Thanks for adding on to the convo. I'm looking to get some more RAM in a few weeks and will be going with OWC.