iPhone 4 charger gets hot

theapple1228
1 MB
iPhone 4 charger gets hot

Post by theapple1228 » June 10th, 2011, 11:52 pm

The phone charger I have for the iPhone 4 gets hot while the phone is charging. Is that a problem? And why is that happening?
kstewart
1 MB

Re: iPhone 4 charger gets hot

Post by kstewart » July 18th, 2011, 9:16 pm

I don't see any replies but would be interested because mine does, too.
sid_wisc
4 MB

Post by sid_wisc » August 2nd, 2011, 11:57 am

Are we talking about the wall charger? I do not have any issues with the charger getting hot so I believe that the charger is not working correctly. Other thing you want to check is the place you are charging, if your charger is at a place where is little network coverage then the phone will have to work harder to get the reception which will ultimately result in phone getting hot when charging. I will suggest that you change the place where you are charging and see if that will help.. Otherwise you might have to try another charger, sorry..
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » August 2nd, 2011, 1:08 pm

My iPhone's charger has barely noticeable rise in temperature above room temperature even after hours of charging. It's the small cube charger that takes the USB cable that plugs directly from the phone to the computer.

If possible, borrow someone else's charger and charge your phone and see if its different. It could just be subjective (you think alarmingly hot while I think barely noticeable).
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
sid_wisc
4 MB

Post by sid_wisc » August 2nd, 2011, 1:37 pm

+1 to what Turboladdade says above... The charger itself should not get hot while charging... Get another charger from someone and see if the charger is faulty...
squirky99
4 MB

Post by squirky99 » August 2nd, 2011, 10:14 pm

It most definitely should not heat up. A relative of mine had a terrible charger: heated up, electric shock was very probable, and it was falling apart. Chargers aren't that expensive; you should check out a new one.