Replacement iPhone 4S Problem

AversaS
2 MB
Replacement iPhone 4S Problem

Post by AversaS » December 30th, 2011, 12:35 pm

Let me start by saying, my iPhone is not unlocked or modded in any way...

So yesterday I received my replacement 4S. I have iCloud, and everything is synced and backed up. I also have itunes match. When I restored my new 4S with iCloud, for some reason, my songs were not put back on my phone. Instead, they were all in the cloud. I have over 5k songs. I had just went through the ones I wanted to keep on my old phone and which I wanted in the cloud. After which, I backed up (successfully) to the cloud. So, logically, after I restored my new 4S, everything should have went back to where it was on my old phone.

So I took my old phone, and backed it up to my computer. Again, I restored from the backup on my new 4S. Same story. Now, not only do I have to go through all my songs and redownload them from the cloud, but also, almost every time I unlock my iPhone, it asks for my AppleStore Password.

Oh, and none of my playlists are on my phone as of this morning (though they were when I went to bed last night). Does anybody have any idea what could be going on here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
AversaS
2 MB

Re: Replacement iPhone 4S Problem

Post by AversaS » December 30th, 2011, 8:11 pm

And now I am having another goddamn problem with my iPhone. It seems to all be focused around the music. Some artists are reading "Unknown" even though all the info is right on both my computer and my old iPhone. Another problem I am having, is some of the songs will not play. It shows that it is playing in the top bar, the icon control shows that it is playing, but the timer bar doesn't move and there is no sound.

What the hell is going on with this phone?! I'm tempted to send this new one back, keep my old one, and start this process all over again, because this is ridiculous!
colbris
2 MB

Re: Replacement iPhone 4S Problem

Post by colbris » January 3rd, 2012, 4:48 am

Have you tried resetting the phone. Home key on/off button until white apple logo appears