Clients do not see server.

rwboyer
2 MB
Clients do not see server.

Post by rwboyer » April 18th, 2012, 5:54 pm

Just purchased ArraySync from App store. Computers are on the same subnet, firewalls are off. Start app on one computer. Start app on other computer. Drag in the video. Press play - both computers act exactly the same - as if the other one is not there. No list presented nothing. Tried restarting the app numerous times. Tried waiting around - nothing.

There does not seem to be any way to diagnose this...

RB
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Clients do not see server.

Post by Turboladdade » April 18th, 2012, 6:17 pm

It sounds like you have two copies of the server. ArraySync Client is a separate, free app located here. This is the only one that will show a list, and it will show that list (albeit empty) even if it doesn't see any ArraySync servers running on your network.

Basically if you don't see a list, you don't have ArraySync Client.

Another way to tell is the icons are different - ArraySync server has a multi-colored bubbles in its icon. ArraySync Client's bubbles are only pink and gray.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
rwboyer
2 MB

Post by rwboyer » April 18th, 2012, 6:34 pm

Ummm yep that seems to be the problem - I just assumed that the server and client were the same app and the first one that starts up assumes the server role...

that was stupid of me...

thanks

RB
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » April 19th, 2012, 8:01 am

rwboyer wrote:Ummm yep that seems to be the problem - I just assumed that the server and client were the same app and the first one that starts up assumes the server role...
The free client is the beauty of ArraySync - you purchase the server only once, and you can scale up your project indefinitely at no extra cost. Compare that to some of the competition's pricing.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.