Scripting

fuseav
2 MB
Scripting

Post by fuseav » August 5th, 2012, 8:52 am

Has anyone found a way to script ArraySync to Start and stop playback?
My configuration is 3 Mac minis with SSDs driving 6 monitors. I will be scripting to turn the monitors on and off. Would like to start and stop playback as well.

Thanks!
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Scripting

Post by Turboladdade » August 6th, 2012, 12:50 pm

You can do this with Automator. We've been asked this so many times that I think I'm just going to make some Automaker workflows and post them to a tutorial or something later today.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
fuseav
2 MB

Post by fuseav » August 7th, 2012, 11:09 am

Thanks!
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » August 7th, 2012, 10:07 pm

Okay, I have created two scripts with Automator. One will launch ArraySync server, wait twenty seconds (to ensure the application launches fully especially on cold boot) and then start the server. The other script will launch ArraySync Client, wait twenty seconds, and then launch and select the first item in the server list.

http://www.nasolab.com/arraysync/downlo ... mation.zip

I've tested both of these on two Macs, and all four tests seem to work fine for me. Please try these out for yourself and let me know if they work. Put them in a convenient location and then set them to launch automatically on startup by going to System Preferences -> Users & Groups -> Login Items and adding them to the list on the appropriate systems. Also make sure that your Mac is set to automatically login and that your screensaver, sleep mode and dim screen settings are turned off. And finally, set the server to startup automatically a minute or two before the clients sot hat you can be sure the server is running by the time the clients try to automatically connect.

To shut them down simply have the Macs automatically shut down. ArraySync should obey the system's quit command.

EDIT: I've cleaned this up to bit and made a blog post about it here: http://blog.nasolab.com/?p=66
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
bfume
2 MB

Post by bfume » September 11th, 2012, 11:29 am

Awesome! Thanks!
steve
2 MB

Post by steve » March 7th, 2013, 3:43 am

Could you make a PPC/OSX.4 version of the automator files or publish the sources ?