ArraySync and Raspberry Pi

reillyd
2 MB
ArraySync and Raspberry Pi

Post by reillyd » October 2nd, 2013, 3:54 pm

I read in an earlier post that arraysync is dependent on quicktime, so I'm assuming it would be difficult to integrate it with the raspberry pi equivalent of omxplayer, but if there were a way to integrate ArraySync with the raspi you would have a very affordable, powerful video wall system. Maybe there is a way to optimize quicktime player for the pi... or combine multiple pis over MPI to be powerful enough to execute quicktime requests.... any thoughts on potentially integrating ArraySync with the raspi in the future?
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: ArraySync and Raspberry Pi

Post by Turboladdade » October 3rd, 2013, 4:55 pm

There is definitely no QuickTime for Linux. Over the past number of years I've tried to devise a way to break away from QuickTime reliance without too much hassle, but thus far have come up with nothing that would wouldn't require a lot of work and even more learning (I'm super proficient in the QuickTime world). I'll never say never though!
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.
reillyd
2 MB

Post by reillyd » October 5th, 2013, 2:46 am

What I have been utilizing is piwall, http://piwall.co.uk/, but it is streaming one video over a udp network from a master rather than syncing local playback from a server. Check it out and buy some pi's, they're a lot of fun! I'm on the prowl for solutions myself! ArraySync has been great!
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Post by Turboladdade » October 7th, 2013, 10:37 am

I find the streaming method to have inherent reliability problems. The local playback network syncing solution is the best, most reliable option IMHO.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.