Video wall with macboks, 2 screens are offset

dan2020
1 MB
Video wall with macboks, 2 screens are offset

Post by dan2020 » September 26th, 2014, 7:11 pm

I'm using 3x macbook pro's and 2x macbook air's to output to 5 of the exact same 55" monitors.
I created a 9600x1080 composition in after effects, built all my content, then cut it up into 5 1920x1080 videos. (I've used both array shaker and manually cropping exports in after effects)

All the computers output a full screen to the monitors via HDMI and/or VGA. When I run Arraysync, for some reason 2 of the macbook pro's are off. This seems to revolve around overscanning. I tried playing with every resolution option, turning on/off overscan, etc, but nothing fixes it. The content is either zoomed in or zoomed out. I did check the movie file by playing it in quicktime fullscreen and that runs fine. The problem is somewhere with Array's output.

Any suggestions? Why do the other macbooks work but two don't - specifically the two with overscan check boxes?
Turboladdade
1024 MB

Re: Video wall with macboks, 2 screens are offset

Post by Turboladdade » September 30th, 2014, 6:47 pm

If you've chopped them up into five separate videos they should play fine. Is there anyway you can send a pic or video of what's happening exactly? Because I don't really understand what you're saying.

Also, are you using any video splitters like Matrox Triple Head? Because those probably won't work with ArraySync.
I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do.